This recipe isn’t one that has set measurements but is more one of those that I dump together the things I have on hand. My husband loves to grill sausage and make sausage sandwiches. There are usually a least a sausage or two left over after he grills, and I will use them in this recipe. Or sometimes I’ll just use breakfast sausages in this recipe. I have already used rope sausage as well for this recipe and just bake or grill it ahead of time. And for the potatoes it can be the purple ones or red or white ones. Are you getting the idea? This recipe is extremely flexible as you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand at the moment.
Remember how I said cleanup is a total breeze with this recipe? Here is a handy little tip that will leave you with one less dish to wash when dinner is over. I simply line my USA Pan Jelly Roll Sheet Pan with several sheets of foil, and when dinner is over I throw the foil in the trash and I’m left with an entirely clean pan!
I hope you and your family enjoy this easy Roasted Potatoes and Sausage dinner as much as my family and I enjoy it.
- Sausage approx. 12 oz. (Peel if necessary and cut into rounds) *
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Use a jelly roll pan or skillet for this recipe.
- If using a pan, line with several sheets of foil to make cleanup easier.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon olive oil in pan or skillet.
- Mix the potatoes and onions and seasonings in a large bowl and toss with remaining 2 Tablespoons oil.
- Pour onto foil lined baking sheet or skillet and spread out evenly.
- Place in heated oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Stir approximately every 15 minutes.
- When 30 minutes are up add in pre-cooked sausage and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes or until sausage is heated through, and potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Turn off oven.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potato/meat mixture and put back in the oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.