R.M. Palmer Company has been “Making Candy Fun!” since 1948 with their seasonally-branded and everyday candy creations. Today, 850 dedicated employees design, produce, package and ship more than 500 unique products from Palmer’s headquarters in West Reading, PA – making it one of America’s largest and most innovative confectioners.
Baby Binks is the baby of the Palmer candy bunch and comes in a creamy, hollow milk chocolate shell with sweet candy eyes and 2 ounces of milk chocolate. There was also some Double Crisp Bunny Pops, Fun’n Games and Flopsy’s Easter Mix. This mix was my favorite. The Peanut Butter Eggs are so good. I may have hidden them just so I could enjoy them all myself.
When my kids found the Parsnip Pete’s Bunny Treats DoubleCrisp Carrots, they instantly knew they wanted to use this candy and create some fun dessert cups. The final result was Plant a Carrot Pudding Cups.
This dessert uses crushed Oreo cookies to create a cup of “dirt”. Kids love creating these cups and then “planting” their carrots in the dirt. The finished result is a tasty dessert that everyone will love. If you are looking for the perfect fun dessert for your Easter dinner, then let me suggest you try these pudding cups.
- ½ pound Oreo cookies, crushed*
- 1- 6 oz. package vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Palmer Bunny Treats DoubleCrisp Carrots
- 6 – 9 oz. party cups
- Mix pudding and milk according to package directions.
- Mix softened cream cheese into pudding mixture and blend well.
- Stir Cool Whip into pudding/cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle a layer of crushed Oreo cookies into the bottom of each of the cups. Add a layer of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers ending with a layer of crushed cookies.
- When ready to serve stick the desired amount of carrots into each cup.
- * I usually just throw the Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
When purchasing Easter candy this year be sure to include some items from Palmer’s as it will be a hit with both kids and adults. Palmer candy is affordable and can be found at retailers all over country. Simply use the Candy Finder to locate Palmer candy in your local area. Also, visit the Making Candy Fun part of the Palmer site for recipes, craft ideas and more.
Palmer’s is also running a Bunny Big Shots contest. This is your chance to win Visa gift cards, a 50″ TV and more! All you need to do is share your favorite Easter photo on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #BUNNYBIGSHOTS or upload your photo here. Your photos should be on one of four themes: Visiting the Easter Bunny, Decorating Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt or Easter Morning. This contest runs through April 7 and you can find complete rules and details here.
Coupon Cutting Mom received one or more of the products mentioned above free for evaluation purposes. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own.