This New Year cleaning resolution tips post is brought to you by Mr. Clean as part of a Type-A Parent Community Sponsored Post.
Ready or not a brand new year brimming with possibilities is almost here. Have you made your New Year’s resolutions? Typical resolution lists can include goals to lose weight, spend more time with the kids, eat healthier food, go on vacation, pay off debt, create a budget and the list could go on and on. How about setting a resolution you can actually keep? Here is a list of cleaning resolutions I’m planning for the upcoming year.
- Setting a cleaning schedule. If your house is anything like mine there is ALWAYS something that needs cleaned. A cleaning schedule makes managing daily, weekly and even monthly chores much easier. I much rather prefer cleaning for a few minutes every day than spending an entire day once a week cleaning the whole house.
- Clean as you go. This applies to any room in the house. Finished making dinner? Put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher and wipe the counters and sweep the floor before leaving the room. Or in the bathroom, after showering and dressing be sure to put all dirty laundry in the hamper. Put all cosmetics, hair items, lotions and other items away rather than leaving them littering the bathroom counter space. Make the bed before leaving the bedroom. When the kids are finished playing with a game have them put it away before heading off to the next activity. These are just a few ideas but I find that cleaning as I go helps the house from looking like we had a tornado touchdown. It also keeps the house looking presentable in case anyone stops in unannounced. I also find myself in a much better mood when I’m not staring at chaos everywhere I look.
- Everything needs a place. Don’t let clutter take over but rather have a place for everything and everything in its place. This will prevent you from wasting time searching for items like car keys, phone chargers, bills, library books and many other items.
- Get all household members to join in on keeping the house clean. Even young kids can help with simple jobs like emptying trash cans, wiping baseboard, dusting and more. With the Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle you can simply squirt some on a sponge and let kids wipe down kitchen counters or vanity areas in the bathroom.
- Keeps good quality cleaning supplies on hand. For me this means keeping products such as Mr. Clean on each floor of the house. This eliminates running down a flight of steps to the cleaning cupboard to find toilet bowl cleaner or glass cleaner when I want to clean the master bath.
There is something about the smell of Mr. Clean products that lets you know your house is sparkling and clean. In 2014, Mr. Clean is releasing a brand new multi-purpose cleaner with the name of Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle. This cleaner has 2.5x more power in every drop. The auto-stop cap makes it very simple to apply this cleaner right from the bottle.
What are your New Year cleaning resolutions and what are your tips to sticking to them all year long?
This is a compensated post brought to you by Mr. Clean. Mr. Clean is kicking off the New Year with the launch of a new product called Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle, a new multi-purpose, multi-surface concentrated cleaning gel that delivers superior cleaning performance on and off the floor. Be sure to like Mr. Clean on Facebook and follow @RealMrClean on Twitter.