This morning my daughter asked for chocolate milk and since the chocolate syrup bottle was empty, I decided to try making my own Chocolate Syrup.
I found a Chocolate Syrup recipe in the Dining On A Dime Cookbook. It required only 5 ingredients and was super easy to mix up. My house smelled like Hershey Chocolate world while the mixture was cooking.
- ½ cup cocoa, packed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Mix cocoa and water in saucepan.
- Heat and stir to dissolve the cocoa.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Add the salt and the vanilla.
- Pour into a jar or container.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- Keeps for several months.
- Makes 2 cups.
As soon as I had the syrup finished, my daughter downed a glass of chocolate milk which she said was delicious.
After the syrup cooled, I poured it into a plastic squeeze top bottle to make it easy to use.